POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Fur generator : Fur generator Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Fur generator
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 6 Mar 1999 15:57:54
Message: <36e196d2.0@news.povray.org>
Here's the first version of my fur generator. Note that it requires the
Superpatch. I have tried to document the parameters, but if somethng is
unclear, feel free to ask. Also, if you have any comments or suggestions for
improvements, I'd be glad to hear them. Of especial interest would be ideas
for improving the Wind calculations...
Attached are 4 files:
fur.inc - the fur generator's sampling macro; this is the one you have to
#include in your scene;
worm.inc - macro for creating the hairs (it is called from within fur.inc);
admacros.inc - a few additional macros required by fur.inc and worm.inc (but
useful elsewhere, too);
example.pov - a simple example scene;

Enjoy!

Margus

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fur.inc.txt' (5 KB) Download 'worm.inc.txt' (2 KB) Download 'admacros.inc.txt' (1 KB) Download 'example.pov.txt' (1 KB)